We all need little reminders and alarms to accomplish our daily tasks. Shouldn’t we do the same with our health habits?
it’s really hard to wake up on a random day and say: “from now on I’ll go to the gym every day.” It takes 21 days to form a habit and 66 days to make the action automatic. So, if you want to create a healthy routine start with 6 actions per week and increase them when accomplished. If this sounds too much work or too complicated don’t worry! We are doing this together, we will be posting daily checklists every week to help you incorporate healthy habits and increasing them over time. It’s a slow process but it will make it harder for you to fall off the wagon. This is the most effective way to become a healthier you without it being too hard that you’ll want to quit within the first week.
This is a method for people who want to live a healthier lifestyle but they don’t know how to start or they find it too difficult.
This week we start with the basics:
- Drinking 8 cups of water per day. If you think this will be hard for you try fruit-infused water, just add fruits like lemon, strawberries, orange, or lime into your daily water bottle and sip through the day!
- Stretching every day. (we recommend to do this every morning or before your workout, if you need more information about stretching don’t hesitate to check out our post about IS STRETCHING IMPORTANT? 5 REASONS TO STRETCH.)
- Workout at least 30 min. If you have no access to a gym meet with a friend and go for a run or a walk, also you can look for fitness youtube videos!
- Eat a fruit/veggie with every meal. If you are not a big fan of veggies you can start eating fruit as your desserts. But the easiest way to increase your veggie/fruit intake is through smoothies. Look for smoothie recipes, some contain zucchini or spinach, don’t let it scare you away, combined with strong fruits (like banana or mango) you won’t feel the taste at all. Pro tip: Start adding very little and increase every couple of days.
- Try to sleep 8 hours. Be smart, sleeping is really important for the body, overall health, and especially weight loss. If you already do this: congratulations! it’s not an easy task, but if you don’t: try to go bed earlier, read a book before bed or create a sleeping routine so your body will know it’s time to sleep.
- Laugh and smile. Stress is really bad for you, relax and have a laugh with friends, siblings or significant other. if this is too hard for you, you should know that the brain doesn’t know the difference between a fake or real smile, if you need to boost your mood smile to a mirror for 15 to 30 seconds and you’ll feel better! Pro tip: Watch a couple animal or fail videos on youtube and you will laugh for sure!
Now it’s time to put ourselves to the test, join our health challenge; put all of this in a daily checklist that you can look at every day and visualize how many things are you able to accomplish. Feel free to screenshot or save the image to keep it on your phone, print it etc. We will post a challenge update every two weeks so we can all keep improving!
This challenge is for all of you who don’t know how to start living a healthy lifestyle or you just want to make a habit out of it! Everyone is welcome to join!
Let us know if you joined the challenge in the comment section or on our Instagram profile!
See you soon!